Monday, July 21, 2008

July 12, 2008 Advancement Test














On July 12, 2008 we held our third test since 2005. Four students tested for their yellow belts Benjamin Schade, Gavin Robinson, Emma Slocum, and Ian Alexander. I (John Skroski) tested for my brown belt. Sabumnim Jeff Vanoudenhove 4th dan travelled up from MA again and brought a friend. I was very surprised when I saw Bill Daigle a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and a current practitioner of Go Ju Ryu Karate and Kobudo weapons. I trained with Bill when I started taking Tae Kwon Do in Easthampton, MA back in the mid 1980's. The test was long and hard but we all made it. The four white belts were proudly promoted to yellow belt. I earned my brown belt which was quite a personal accomplishment as I last tested for red belt in 1989 (19 years ago). Well needles to say the next day I could barely roll out of bed! I am very thankful for the all the effort everyone gave. I much appreciative of the time that Jeff and Bill gave to help our program move forward. After the test Jeff started to teach my first new form needed for advancement to 1st dan Chulgi 1. We then went out to Spinney's in Popham for dinner. What a great day!



3 comments:

Kadi, John and girls said...

What a great job you guys did !

- Chris

Amy said...

Congrats on those belts you guys!

Narda said...

Looks like you have a promising school up there. Good luck in the training.

Just a spelling correction: it's Bill Diggle.